Friday, May 20, 2011

Yay!

So we found out yesterday that our son will be arriving on May 31st around noon! I'm soooo excited! Well, we both are but I think Marc is still in shock! :)

Ok, I'll be honest. I'm freaking out and excited all at the same time. We are about to become a family of 3. Well, 4 if you count our dog-child. (Who I think is starting to retaliate but I'll get to that later.) Marc and I haven't been together for very long. We're still getting to know each other. And boom! Now we're days away from having a child. Would I take any of it back? Hell no! I'm crazy in love with the man of my dreams, he's giving me the child I've wanted since I was 18 and he is such a good provider, "husband" and friend. I'm freaking out mainly about the whole becoming a mom thing. What if I'm a terrible mother? What if he doesn't latch on and I can't breastfeed like we want to? What if I have no natural insticts? Do we have everything we need? Not that there's anymore room in his bedroom, anyway. I mean, I can't even put his play yard in there. That's going straight into our bedroom. Are all of these feelings normal?

And our dog. My poor puppy. I think he is really starting to sense that he's not the baby anymore. He's digging in the trash. He's begging. He's jumping on the bed without permission. He doesn't listen to me very well anymore. What if he hates me after the baby comes? I know he's just a dog, but he's our baby, too.

But, on a lighter and happier note, I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO excited to meet my son. MY son. My little boy. Mommy's handsome man. 11 more days! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment