Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Weekend Update

We were crazy busy the past few days which is why I haven't blogged or posted a recipe. I have 2 to post tonight so be on the lookout!

This weekend I helped my friend (who is also my neighbor) plan a quick birthday party for her fiance. He turned 35 but has a TON of nieces and nephews so we decided to throw a Halloween themed party. I made the cakes and we all had a blast bobbing for apples and hitting the pinata!



This is a "dirt" cake I made using chocolate cake with chocolate icing. I used oreos for the "dirt" and gummy bugs and candy eyes. It was a huge hit with the kids!!


This cake was a pineapple supreme cake with vanilla icing with strawberries, raspberries, and blackberries. It was sooo yummy and fruity!!



We had a burger bar set up (Thank you to my Hubby for grilling 60 burgers) with all the fixins you can imagine. We made "Swamp Water" juice with lemonade, tang, and blue kool-aid and of course had chips and dip. I wish I had taken pictures of all the decorations and the bobbing for apples but we had so much fun!

In the mix of all this party planning and preparation, my sweet and amazing hubby made us a head board. I saw the idea on Pinterest and he ended up LOVING it!! So, to work he went!



I didn't do step by step pictures since he was working while I was baking. But, to sum it up here is what he basically did. We bought 4 1x6 pieces of board, he sanded them and cut them down to size (we have a queen size bed so I think they ended up being about 5 feet in length). He stained them with two coats of a dark walnut stain. I originally thought we could use command strips to hold them up (that's what the original Pinterest post suggested) but our boards were a little warped so he screwed them into the wall. I am so in love with my new headboard!! Plus, its easy to move around!! :)

Here are some pictures I took of our Baby Boy with his pumpkin.





And here he is in his cow Halloween costume


I'll be posting one of the recipes we tried tonight and another tomorrow plus whatever I decide to cook for dinner tomorrow! I hope y'all had a wonderful Halloween!!

Lots of Love!!

No comments:

Post a Comment