Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Steak and Fries - With a Twist!

Monday night we were in desperate need of some good food! It had been a crazy but fun weekend and my Hubby said to me, "Babe, make us something good and filling so we'll sleep good tonight!" Challenge accepted. Steak with chimichurri sauce and sweet potato fries. Sooooo good!!

Steak with Chimichurri Sauce

Your favorite cut of steak (I just bought one HUGE sirloin and split it between my hubby and I)
salt
pepper
garlic powder

Sauce:
1 bunch cilantro
1 bunch Italian flat leaf parsley
1 tbs water
3 tbs vegetable oil
salt to taste
pepper to taste
3 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
2 tbs Red Wine Vinegar

Sweet Potatoes:
4 medium sweet potatoes
2 garlic cloves, roughly minced
vegetable oil
salt and pepper


I made the chimichurri sauce first so it could set. Combine all ingredients in food processor and pulse until smooth.



Coat steak in vegetable oil and season with salt, pepper and garlic powder to taste.


Cook in a pan over medium high heat until desired doneness. We are medium people so it took about 10 minutes per side I believe.



Slice sweet potatoes to desired fry "style". I went for wedges. Place in bowl. Toss with vegetable oil, garlic, salt and pepper. Use enough vegetable to coat all wedges.



Place on cookie sheet and bake at 450* for about 20 minutes.




I served the steak and sweet potato fries with sauteed green beans and onions. It was so delicious!!


Happy Eating, Y'all!

1 comment:

  1. you make it look so easy! I would have burned the steak and undercooked the fries! lol

    ReplyDelete