Tuesday, November 6, 2012

A rough week...

Its been a rough week in our house - and its only Tuesday. My husband has been working extremely long days and it will continue all week. Like 16 hour days. My poor honey. I had a total pinterest recipe FAIL last night. Its not even worth sharing. All I'm gonna say is that I'm leaving the baked potato soup making to Chili's. So, tonight I really needed to redeem myself. My husband went in at 4:00 am and got home at 7:00 pm. I'm missing our family and that makes the days hard. It will be another 2 weeks or so until I see my parents. I'm so glad my sister in law and nieces are coming this weekend. I definitely need some family love! Anywho, luckily Marc loved dinner! So, here's my recipe.

Beef Kabobs with Roasted Cauliflower

Beef Kabobs
2 tbl beef bouillon granules (I used 1 cube and disolved it in 2 cups of boiling water and saved the rest)
2 red bell peppers, large chopped
1 green bell pepper, large chopped
1 large onion, large chopped
2 zuchinni, sliced (not pictured - I had to run to the store for this later)
2 tbl water
5 cloves garlic, minced
2 tsp chili powder (give or take depending on how much heat you want)
salt and pepper to taste
1 1/2 lbs beef, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
10 - 15 wooden skewers, soaked in water for 1 hour
vegetable oil

Roasted Cauliflower
1 bunch cauliflower florets
4 tsp grated parmesan cheese
2 tsp chopped fresh parsley
1/2 tsp garlic power
1/2 tsp pepper
salt to taste
vegetable oil




Kabobs:
 Disolve bouillon in water (or use 2 tbl of beef broth). Stir in garlic, chili powder, salt and pepper. Toss the meat in the marinade, cover and marinate in the fridge at least 2 hours.



Chop veggies. I of course do this early in the day to spread out my work load.


Skewer beef cubes and veggies. I used 3 pieces of meat per skewer and 2 pieces of each veggie. 


For the actual cooking part, you can use an outdoor grill, an indoor grill or grill pan or a cast iron skillet. I used the cast iron skillet. I covered the bottom of the skillet with oil and preheated it over medium heat. I cooked anywhere from 3 to 5 skewers at a time. Cook for about 5 - 7 minutes each side. Once the skewers were all done, I put them in the oven to keep warm at about 250*.




Roasted Cauliflower
Preheat oven to 425*

In a bowl, combine cauliflower, cheese, parsley, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Toss to mix. Drizzle with oil and toss again. Transfer to a nonstick sheet or dish.



Bake 15 to 17 minutes, tossing once, or until lightly browned and crisp tender. 


I served the kabobs and cauliflower alongside garlic butter rice. (I just used the packet). This was a hit with the hubby!


Happy Eating, Y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment