Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Crock Pot Philly Cheesesteak Sandwiches

So, I was browsing Six Sisters blog and came across this yummy looking recipe. I showed my husband and he was on board to try it!

Crock Pot Philly Cheesesteak Sandwiches

1 1/2 lbs of your favorite cut of beef, thinly sliced
1 onion, sliced
1 bell pepper, sliced
1 packet italian dressing
1 can beef broth
garlic powder to taste
salt and peper to taste
provolone cheese slices
subway style bread


Slice your onion, bell pepper and beef.



I tend to chop my beef when its still slightly frozen. It makes it much easier.

Layer your beef in the crock pot and cover with onions and bell peppers.



Add in beef broth, italian seasoning and any extra seasonings you wish. I added garlic powder and seasoning salt.



Let cook 7 - 8 hours on low. This is halfway through cooking time.



Toast bread (if desired) and layer beef and then cheese slices on top of the bread. I toasted in the oven for about 5 minutes to melt the cheese.





These were huge sandwiches and so good! I served with french fries and my husband and son devoured them!

Happy Eating, Y'all!

1 comment:

  1. must try! What time of beef did you use. I need specifics :)

    ReplyDelete