Thursday, October 11, 2012

Throw It Together Night

I'm sure we all have a night when we don't feel like making an elaborate meal but you still have to feed your hubby and kid SOMETHING. That was last night in our house (and probably tonight as well). I had taken out ground meat to defrost but I wasn't quite sure what to do with it yet. Here's what I pulled together. I don't even know what to call it. We'll go with Meaty Veggies. I guess.

1 lb ground meat
1 small can tomato sauce
1 14 oz can diced tomatoes with green chilis
1 1/2 cups frozen corn
2 fresh zuchinni, sliced
1/2 onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
season salt
garlic powder
red chili flakes

Cook and drain your ground meat with seasonings, onion and garlic. (I season to taste so do whatever suits you and your family.) Add in your zuchinni, corn, tomato sauce and diced tomatoes. Let simmer until zuchinni and corn are cooked. It took about 20 minutes for the zuchinni to soften to the texture my husband likes it.

Serve over white rice. I also cooked a can of charro beans that I had on hand. This was literally a throw it together meal that actually turned out pretty tasty. Sorry there are no pictures.

Happy Eating, Y'all! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment