Friday, October 7, 2011

Day 11 - A Song That Makes You Cry (or nearly)

So, today I'm supposed to write about a song that makes you cry. There are quite a few now that I'm a mom and have found someone to spend the rest of my life with. Its true - being a mom really does change you.

The first one that comes to mind is "God Gave Me You" by Blake Shelton. Its a new song but I can't listen to it without thinking of my boys. I truely believe that everything happens for a reason and that in time good things come to those who wait. I waited a long time but I finally found the love of my life and then he gave me our son. "God gave me you for the ups and downs. God gave me you for the days of doubt. For when I think I lost my way its true. God gave me you." Marc constantly brings me back to reality and keeps me grounded. And our son just reminds me what its like to be young and innocent and full of joy.


Another one is "A Song for Mama" by Boyz II Men. Random, I know. One of my best friends sent me this song when I was pregnant and I cried my eyes out. I remember going through a phase wondering if I was going to be a good mom and how I would feel when my son was born. He is my whole world. And I hope one day he hears this song and immediately thinks of me.



One last one is "God Blessed the Broken Road" by Rascall Flats. I'm not a huge Rascall Flats fan but this song is so true for me. If you know me, you know the road I traveled before I met Marc and he really is my knight in shining armor. I am so lucky to have found him after everything I went through. I never really knew what it was like to be loved until I met Marc. He loves me when I'm at my best but even more when I'm at my worst.



Like I said, there are quite a few but these are the first ones that popped into my head...

No comments:

Post a Comment